Complaint Process

Secwépemc Child and Family Services is committed to providing quality service to children, youth, families, and communities. As part of this commitment, the agency’s complaints process is guided by the principles that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect; that confidentiality and privacy of individuals will be respected; and, that there will not be any negative consequences to anyone, including children, youth, and families, as a result of making a complaint in good faith.

Please be patient as we work on getting information up on this page. If you would like to report a complaint, call 250.461.7237.


SCFS follows the provincial Ministry of Children and Family Development complaints policy for programs that are provided by our agency under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA). Complaints are accepted when they are about a decision, act or failure to act related to a service provided by our agency under the Child, Family, and Community Services Act. Complaints regarding our other programs or services may also be made to one of our complaints specialists but will follow a separate process.

Complaint Submission Form

How to Submit a Complaint

Our agency’s complaints process provides two ways of addressing complaints: the resolution process, and the administrative review process.

During resolution, the complainant is offered the opportunity to be actively involved, with agency staff, in a process which encourages problem solving and provides flexibility in finding and agreeing upon solutions that address the complaint. Resolution is completed in thirty (30) days unless the complainant agrees to an extension.

Complaint Resolution Policy

Complaint Review Process

The administrative review process provides an examination of the complaint issue by a review authority who is not involved in any matters related to the complaint. The review authority will review the complaint, come to a conclusion, and may make recommendations. The administrative review will be completed within thirty (30) days, unless the complainant agrees to an extension. A complainant may make a request for an administrative review at any time during the complaints process.

Complaint Review Process